Guidelines for followers on this blog

This is the guideline following this blog: No one will stay if they are rude, arrogant and just a looker. This blog is for supporting one another on a life long committed journey. Encourage one another. My blog is a no carb/ low carb group and that is what the focus will be here. I for one have no desire to be skinny; or even on the thin side. I am a full figured woman and like having some fat and meat on my bones. Even though I have gained weight, I still hold a shape and I like the way I look. I just need it to a healthy and a smaller me. This is not a blog for lap band users, binging and vomiting, anorexic, or body builders. It is definetly not a group for woman that choose to not be real women....we are not girls; so please NO DRAMA. All trolls will be tossed and held in chains!!LOL ONE MUST NOT BE AS BIG AS THEIR REFRIGERATOR! STARTING A LIFE CHANGE 1/1/10 SHOCKED:{ 245 LBS....UNBELIEVABLE! Rather than aiming for being perfect, just aim to be little bit better today than you were yesterday.

weight meter

the tunes to burn the fat away ~~~ what ev!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Let's face it ~~ people still see over weight people as something to poke fun at

Let's face it ~~ people still see over weight people as something to poke fun at

letters and symbols

(IF) = Induction Friendly

(GF) = Gluten Free

HELLO AND WELCOME TO MY BLOG PAGE

I am so ready to start this life change. Not a diet; but a real life change. The last time that I was on this life changing journey was in 2004; and I lost 67 pounds within 4 months. Then I was hurt really bad and couldn't do much but sit, see my neurosurgeon and orthopedic doctors, lots of physical therapy and little to no movement; and we all know what that will do to a body. I gained and just kept gaining.

Now with a New Year soon to be here ~~~ welcome 2010 ~~~ I am ready to start to become the me that I know that I can be.

We might lie and deceive ourselves; but, believe me ~~ PICTURES NEVER LIE along with us!

I have my plan and I am ready to begin on the 2nd of January. I am going to try and post a monthly photo and I know I will see the difference for myself. I know because I was on my journey and then was side tracked ~~~ sucker punched so to speak. This really works and now I am ready!!!


Saturday, December 26, 2009

low carb diets are misunderstood ~~ they are a life style; not just a diet

Low carb diets are often misunderstood

Many people ask about starting a low carb diet, or pick up the Atkins book and explain how they just can't follow a "no carb" diet. Several people inquire about specific details on this way of eating and how it can improve their quality of life. Below is a quick summary of the Atkins plan and how eating a reduced carb diet for the rest of your life can not only help you lose weight but become more healthy along the way.
Back during the early sixties, Dr. Robert Atkins was working on a still controversial approach to eating that he claimed would help you lose weight despite its seeming unorthodox methods. He proposed that reducing refined foods and focusing on fresh and healthy foods and protein would allow your body to burn fat instead of carbs.

The basis of the diet is broken into 4 stages;
induction,
ongoing weight loss (OWL),
pre-maintenance,
and lifetime maintenance.
These names are very much self explanatory but here is the summary of each stage. Your induction period would consist of mainly protein in the form of lean meats and eggs, some cheese, and leafy vegetables, but you are required to keep your carb count under 20g per day. Induction will basically be your withdrawal period from all the junk that you have previously been eating and it will jump start your metabolism and start the fat burning process. During the ongoing weight loss stage, you will add more vegetables and cheese as well as some berries and nuts into your diet. You will gradually increase your daily carb count as long as you are still losing weight. Once you get to within about 10 pounds of your goal/ideal weight then you will move into the pre-maintenance stage where you can add even MORE fruits and vegetables like potatoes, beans, bananas, apples, and even oatmeal.
Of course these will be smaller portions than you were used to eating before because your body has adapted to being smaller and does not crave the extra junk. The maintenance phase is the "home stretch" when you have reached your goal weight and are ready to maintain it for life. By now you have learned what your body can tolerate, and how many carbs you can consume in a day/week to maintain your current weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment